The Benefits of Buying in SE Calgary - McKenzie Towne Real Estate
If you’re looking to escape the city, trading up to a larger home for your family, or desiring a home with more ‘bang for your buck’, look no further than the SE Calgary community of McKenzie Towne. The excitement that comes with being located in one of Calgary's fastest developing areas, this SE Calgary community offers great opportunities for recreation, charming streetscapes, well-designed street plans, and newly-built schools.
This award-winning suburban development was recognized by the Urban Land Institute as one of 26 exceptionally planned communities worldwide and is designed with classic small town architecture in mind. Split into four areas (Inverness, Elgin, Prestwick, High Street) that feature the landmark old town square, the thriving downtown business sector, the extensive pathway system, and overall pedestrian-friendly design, McKenzie Towne evokes a feeling of nostalgia that’s as though you’ve stepped back in time.
When it comes to McKenzie Towne real estate, there is something for every budget and lifestyle. From single family homes, apartments, and townhouses to seniors care facilities, the community also has one separate school board elementary school and a public elementary school. With its pleasing mix of housing styles, tree-lined boulevards, paved pathways, back lane garages and wide front porches, this planned community also boasts many recreational aspects such as:
- McKenzie Towne Hall, a 15,600 sq. ft. building which houses the community's Residents' Association and offers recreational programming for young people of all ages, adults, and seniors.
- Rentals are also available to residents for the gymnasium, multi-purpose rooms, and banquet facilities and a private outdoor park area.
- Ample green spaces and parks, including a skate park, community fountain, splash park in the summer time.
- The Pond at Elgin Village, a 30-acre pond with surrounding paths makes for an ideal setting for cycling, jogging, walking, rollerblading, skateboarding, bird-watching and photography.
- An outdoor hockey rink and Elgin Hill’s giant 295 feet toboggan run for winter fun.
As a trusted Calgary REALTOR®, Diane Richardson has helped hundreds of clients find the perfect home in Calgary with her industry experience and personal insight. Contact Diane with any questions you may have about buying your next home in Calgary.
Post Your Comment: