Getting My Calgary Home Ready to Sell
The best chance for selling your property is within the first 7 weeks. Studies show the longer a property stays on the market, the less the seller will net.
Problems with Over-Pricing
- Reduces number of potential offers
- Lowers agents response, consequently number of showings
- Limits qualified buyers and could create appraisal issues
- Competing homes become more attractive in comparison
- Wastes money and time for the seller
Buyers are turned off by even the smallest amount of uncleanliness or odour, resulting in a loss of thousands to the seller.
- Make your home squeaky clean, generating a faster sale and more money as a result
- Create space by eliminating old junk and clutter. It will make an easier move for you too
- If you have pets, or a home exposed to smoke or diaper changes, extinguish all odours. Buyers will notice
Top-selling agents will not show your home if both the key and access are not readily available.
- Have an electronic keybox.
- Be absent during showings, including pets, allowing the buyer to feel at ease and spend more time.
- Brighten the home by keeping all lights on, drapes open.
- Keep all interior doors unlocked and accessible.
- If you have to stay home during a showing, don't offer information, let the buyer's agent do their job.
Paint and Flooring
Paint is your best improvement investment for getting the greatest return on your money.
- Paint when there are chips, exposed wood or it looks faded.
Paint prices from Homedepot.ca
- If the carpet is worn, dirty, outdated or an unusual colour, seriously consider replacing it. Buyers don't want to spend the time or money on improvements before they move in... they'll move on.
Carpet & Flooring ideas endoftheroll.ca
Your front yard immediately reflects the inside condition of your property to the buyer.
- Trim any trees or bushes blocking visibility of your home from the street.
- Grass should be mowed, trimmed and edged.
- Walkways should be swept or shoveled.
- Remove all debris and parked cars.
- Repair any broken or damaged fencing.
If you need more information or would like a market evalution on your Calgary home contact me @ 403.397.3706